The "Häusl in the Au" has always been an attraction. In former times waggoners passed here who were employed in iron mining in the vicinity of the Rinnkogel and Bürglstein. At that time the owners certainly had no licence and the drinks were thus sold under the hand.
The nearby forest management also housed a hammer mill in the 1790s. The "Häusl in the Au", also known as Essenshäusl (literally: "Eating's House"), burned down in 1797 . The former owners needed a new source of income and thus requested a bar licence.
The name "Weberhäusl" (weaver’s house) has been used since the year 1770 and goes back to Johann Weber Ablinger. The name "Weberhäusl" was retained even though no weaving had taken place here for many years.
In 1894 the widow Mary Stimpl bought the Weberhäusl and managed it until 1909. As Ms Stimpl was alone, the maid Apollonia Daxner took care of the owner. In gratitude she made Ms Daxner her heir. The "Ploni", as Apollonia Daxner was called, was also without an heir. As her siblings did not look after her, another maid, Johanna Zopf, inherited the “Weberhäusl” in 1935.
In 1959 the nephew Wolfgang Zopf and his wife Brigitta received the Weberhäusl for a trial period. They managed it until 1964 and it was only then that it became their property. The first rquirement at the handover was to build toilet facilities.
In 1967 the restaurant, seven guest rooms above and the bowling alleys, which are popular until today, were built.
On May 1 1987 the daughter Christine Wolfsgruber and her husband Fritz took over the Weberhäusl.
In 1998 they decided to undertake the largest phase of reconstruction yet. As consequence the oldest part of the Weberhäusl was demolished.
Today the Weberhäusl enjoys great popularity among the regular guests as well as among the many tour guests who stop here on their way to the Postalm or into the heart of the Salzkammergut.